This is good article on Code Review and Complexity by Michael Swanson (Senior Consultant,Microsoft Corporation). This article also explains the advantages of McCabe's Cyclomatic Complexity as:
- It is very easy to compute
- Unlike other complexity measurements, it can be computed immediately in the development lifecycle (which makes it Agile-friendly)
- It provides a good indicator of the ease of code maintenance
- It can help focus testing efforts
- It makes it easy to find complex code for formal review
This is a good presentation on Taming the Software
Development Process by Michael Swanson (Senior Consultant,Microsoft Corporation). This presentation also explains the cyclomatic complexity and its advantages.